We are extremely pleased to open our summer series with one of the legends in the folk/roots music scene - the fabulous Bills! With two previous JUNO nominations and multiple Western Canadian Music Awards under their belts, expect the musical magic you’ve come to love from this extraordinary quintet. The Bills are renowned for their instrumental virtuosity, lush vocal arrangements, evocative songwriting, and a refreshing sound that transcends musical boundaries and defies simple categorization. They are touring to support their hot-off-the-presses new CD, Trail of Tales.
Strings, bellows, keys, voices, skin and bows – these are the vehicles for The Bills’ unique sonic approach. With individual band members sporting world-class credentials in folk/roots, jazz, classical and world music, The Bills truly are a Canadian acoustic music super-group, and their combined creative studio talent and explosive live shows have made them legendary folk/roots entertainers. Whether spinning on your recorded playlist, entertaining an intimate theatre audience or rocking a festival crowd of 10,000, these five gifted multi-instrumentalists are masters at somehow leaving listeners breathless and revitalized all at once.
“Their sound is panoramic, mischievous, fiercely unpretentious – and musically splendid” – Boston Globe
“The Bills are the biggest blast of fresh air to come out of Canada since The Band” – Glasgow Herald
- Castoro Cellars - Saturday, July 2 - $22 - show starts at 7:00
- Doors open at 6:00
- We'll have a catered dinner with a vegetarian option (menu and cost TBA) starting at 6:00. Please, no outside food or beverages allowed at catered concerts.
- Sound solar-powered thanks to Semmes & Co.
- Seating provided – there is also room on the lawn for blankets and low-back, low-seat chairs.
For Tickets, please call the venue:
- Castoro Cellars - 805.238.0725 or 888.326.3463 or online at castorocellars.com/events
- Castoro tickets also available in person at Boo Boo Records (with additional fee)